20051213: LDM - failure building 10G product queue (cont.)

>From: Paul Prestopnik <address@hidden>

Hi Paul,

>Thanks for your help.  Here is the information you requested:
>
>> uname -a
>Linux awl 2.6.12-ral-smp #1 SMP Fri Dec 2 15:35:09 MST 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

This shows that you are running a 32-bit version of Linux, not 64-bit.

For comparision, a 'uname -a' on my dual Xeon EM64T machine shows:

$ uname -a
Linux yakov.unidata.ucar.edu 2.6.14-1.1644_FC4smp #1 SMP Sun Nov 27 03:37:58
EST 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Note the x86_64 values in this output.

Because you are running a 32-bit version of Linux, your maximimum LDM
queue size will be 4G.

The next question is if you have 64-bit processors or not.  If you do,
queues larger than 4G.  If you do not, your maximum queue size will be
4 GB.

>> cat /proc/cpuinfo
>processor       : 0
>vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
>cpu family      : 15
>model           : 4
>model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz
>stepping        : 3
>cpu MHz         : 3591.578
>cache size      : 2048 KB
>physical id     : 0
>siblings        : 2
>core id         : 0
>cpu cores       : 1
>fdiv_bug        : no
>hlt_bug         : no
>f00f_bug        : no
>coma_bug        : no
>fpu             : yes
>fpu_exception   : yes
>cpuid level     : 5
>wp              : yes
>flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmo
> v pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht
>tm pbe nx lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cid cx16 xtpr
>bogomips        : 7127.04
>
>processor       : 1
>vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
>cpu family      : 15
>model           : 4
>model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.60GHz
>stepping        : 3
>cpu MHz         : 3591.578
>cache size      : 2048 KB
>physical id     : 0
>siblings        : 2
>core id         : 0
>cpu cores       : 1
>fdiv_bug        : no
>hlt_bug         : no
>f00f_bug        : no
>coma_bug        : no
>fpu             : yes
>fpu_exception   : yes
>cpuid level     : 5
>wp              : yes
>flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmo
> v pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht
>tm pbe nx lm pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 cid cx16 xtpr
>bogomips        : 7176.19

Sorr, I guess I was mistaken about /proc/cpuinfo containing enough
information to tell if your processors are 64-bit or not.  I will check
with my system administrator to find a definitive test for the
processor.