Re: LDM clients have stopped receiving files

Angelo,

>Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:30:25 -1000
>From: "Alvarez, Angelo CIV NAVPACMETOCCEN JTWC" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: LDM clients have stopped receiving files

> It appears to be working now on the client inside our firewall.

Interesting.  Good news!  And it's consistent with a third-party
being the cause of the problem (e.g., a firewall or router).

> I was =
> seeing alot of these in the logs on the client inside our firewall:
> Dec 14 15:50:38 wxmap2 mahele[2643]: Connection from upstream LDM silent =
> for 60 seconds
> Dec 14 16:02:43 wxmap2 mahele[2643]: Connection from upstream LDM silent =
> for 60 seconds
> Dec 14 16:03:43 wxmap2 mahele[2643]: Connection from upstream LDM silent =
> for 60 seconds
> Dec 14 16:23:38 wxmap2 mahele[2643]: Connection from upstream LDM silent =
> for 60 seconds
> Dec 14 16:24:38 wxmap2 mahele[2643]: Connection from upstream LDM silent =
> for 60 seconds
> Dec 14 16:29:20 wxmap2 mahele[2643]: Connection from upstream LDM silent =
> for 60 seconds
[more examples removed]

You must be running the LDM in verbose mode.

These messages are printed by a downstream LDM when it's upstream LDM
hasn't communicated with it for 1 minute (an upstream LDM will try to
communicate at least every 30 seconds).

> I have also attached the last 4000 lines from the system log.

You're logging to the system log file rather than to an LDM-specific log
file.  That's unusual.  We recommend using a separate log file for the
LDM system because of the volume of log messages and the occasional
need to wade through them.  More information can be found in the "LDM
Basics" webpages for your version of the LDM at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm

> v/r
> angelo
>
> Angelo Alvarez