Re: 20060201: RSA Comm Test (Weather - JSC) LDM Troubleshooting (cont.)

Tom,

The permissions are correct for the LDM server programs on both
ftpsvr.er-rsaiia-unc.int and rsaintrf.midds.jsc.nasa.gov:

    ftpsvr:
        -rwsrwxr-x    1 root     root       188785 Oct 24 17:02
/usr/local/ldm/bin/rpc.ldmd

    rsaintrf:
        -rwsr-xr-x   1 root       users       368408 Dec 13 15:33
/home/ldm/bin/rpc.ldmd

so that's not a problem.

Host rsaintrf.midds.jsc.nasa.gov is, apparently, also known as
rsaserv.midds.jsc.nasa.gov, so it was possible that reverse lookups
on ftpsvr were getting that name, which didn't have an ALLOW entry.  I
had Jackie add one.

I'm having a hard time envisioning a situation where notifyme(1) would
work but an LDM REQUEST entry wouldn't -- unless some wierd IP-packet
filtering is occurring.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson