20060210: Antarctic-IDD down on ice.ssec.wissc.edu (cont.)

>From: Matthew Lazzara <address@hidden>

Hi Matthew,

re: various ldmadmin capabilities
>Thanks so much for these clues!  As it turns out, doing an ldmadmin
>queuecheck did the trick, and I was able to start up fine.

Glad to hear it.

>The ldmadmin restart gave me the suggestion of running:
>
>pqact -l- -s -q /data/ldm/data/ldm.pq && pqcheck -F -q /data/ldm/data/
>ldm.pq

Right. The pqcheck action resets the write counter in the queue.

>which didn't get past the pqact - I got an error stating:
>
>pqact queueSanityCheck: Product count doesn't match
>products tallied: 7225 Value in queue: 7226

OK.  This showed that there was inconsistency between what is
actually in the queue and what the queue "thinks" is in the
queue.  By the way, what version of the LDM are you running?

>However, now that I know about your suggestions below, that will be
>MUCH better to do in the future.

Very good.

>Thank you!

No worries.

>So, how did the Antarctic-IDD talk go at the AMS meeting?

It went pretty well, but I am sure that I was not as glib as
you would have been :-)

>Did you "Wow" the crowd there?

Wow the crowd!?  It is obvious that you havn't heard me give
an AMS paper before ;-)

>I would like to publicly thank you for giving
>that talk for me and on behalf of the Antarctic community.

I was glad to help out.  BTW, yours was the third of three papers
that I gave at the meeting.  The funny thing was that I was last
author on two of the papers I presented, yours and one from Waldenio
Gambi of INPE/CPREC (Brazil).

>Thanks again!

Later...