Date:    Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:58:50 -0500
From:    "Petit, Jackie" <address@hidden>
To:      "Biggerstaff, Brice A9" <address@hidden>,
         "Sims, Vashon J" <address@hidden>,
         "Hoeth, Brian R. (JSC-WS8)[LM]" <address@hidden>
cc:      "Batson, Bryan" <address@hidden>,
         "Schaffert, Lowell" <address@hidden>,
         "Sautter, David" <address@hidden>,
         "Zickert, Glenn A" <address@hidden>,
         "Oram, Timothy D. (JSC-ZS8)" <address@hidden>,
         "Levitt, John S" <address@hidden>,
         "Steve Emmerson (E-mail)" <address@hidden>,
         "MEYERS, HOWARD A9" <address@hidden>
Subject: RE: NISN help requested for RSA comm line

Not sure if everyone knows yet, but the interface appears to be working
now.  Vashon's recommendation to change our MTU size on the ftp server
worked like a champ.  Apparently, on JSC side they can use ICMP messages
which tell the server that the packet size is too big and then it drops
it to the acceptable size (1500 down to 1476).  On our side, we must not
allow ICMP messages (not sure if through firewall or routers where it
doesn't allow it).  So the link would break.  With hardcoding the MTU
size, it lets it through.  In case anyone wants the Linux command, it
was "ip link set eth0 mtu 1476".

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Jackie