[LDM #GAH-289852]: LDM logging name tags

Hi Harry,

Sorry for the previous misfire...

re:
> The name change brings up a deficiency in the ldm logging.  Currently
> the ldm server log entries are tagged with the name of the upstream or
> downstream machine.  Now, with idd.unidata.ucar.edu,
> idd.wunderground.com and idd.geo.nsf.gov you have three machines whose
> log entries would have the same host name tag "idd".  If you had a feed
> from more that one of these machines it would be difficult to determine
> which one by looking at the logs.  I'm not sure what a good solution is
> other than tagging the entries with the completely qualified host
> name.

I agree that listing the first part of the machine name in the ldmd.log file
leads to confusion/more difficult searching when there are multiple machines
with the same first name.  I am leaving your inquiry open for Steve to review
with the aim of solving this shortcoming.

Ticket ID: GAH-289852
Department: Support LDM