[LDM #UUC-702731]: Arguments with spaces for EXEC in pqact.conf?

Hi Steven,

> Trying to determine if this is even possible.  In my test pqact.conf I'm
> trying to do something like:
>
> ANY   (^SAUS80 .*)$
> EXEC   log_it.sh '\1'
>
> When log_it.sh is running, and I look at ps I'll see:
> sdanz    31822 31317  0 15:59 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh log_it.sh
> 'SAUS80 KWBC 041100 RRE'
>
> which makes it *look* like its running correctly, but if I print each
> argument the script is seeing I get:
> $1 = 'SAUS80
> $2 = KWBC
> $3 = 041100
> $4 = RRE'
>
> So I've been trying combinations of \, ', and " but I can't seem to
> create an EXEC that has arguments with embedded spaces.  Should this be
> possible or did I miss something in the notes from the workshop :-) ?
>
> Thanks!

To quote a string in the pqact(1) configuration file, one must use quotation
marks ("): apostrophes don't work.

Try this:

    ANY<<tab>>(^SAUS80 .*)$<<tab>>EXEC<<tab>>log_it.sh "\1"

where "<<tab>>" means a tab character (which I can't seem to write in this
window).

> Steven
>
> --
> Steven Danz
> Senior Software Development Engineer
> Aviation Weather Center (NOAA/NWS/NCEP)
> 7220 NW 101st Terrace, Room 101
> Kansas City, MO 64153-2371
>
> Email: address@hidden
> Phone: 816.584.7251
> Fax:   816.880.0650
>
> The opinions expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those
> of the National Weather Service, or the Aviation Weather Center.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: UUC-702731
Department: Support LDM