[LDM #ACM-323276]: C compiler for LDM

Frank,

> Do you need to keep the compiler on the operational LDM system, or do
> you need the compiler on the operational system permanently. We have
> security requirements to remove compilers on operational systems. Will
> that be any issues with running LDM client or LDM server?

A compiler is necessary in order to build the LDM system because we supply only
a source-code distribution due to the many different versions of UNIX.

The LDM system could be built, however, on one computer and then the binary
installation could be copied to an identical computer that lacked a development
environment.  This has been done by many times by many groups (e.g., the
National Weather Service does this for its LDM network that transmits NEXRAD
Level II radar data).  The important thing is that the computers be identical
in terms of hardware and operating-system and that the location of the LDM
user's home-directory remain the same.

> Thank you.

You're welcome.  Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

> V/R
> Frank

Regards,
Steve Emmerson