[LDM #YPD-542896]: LDM version 6.4.5

Gerald,

> Yesterday I downloaded your LDM-6.4.5.tar.Z file. When I went to open
> it, file_roller (Fedora Core 3) refused saying it wasn't an archive
> file. I looked at it with less. Sure wasn't a binary or compressed file,
> it was just a multipage Unix style directory listing. No source code, no
> make file, no executable, no manual file. Useless for running LDM. Can
> you fix it?

Odd.  Others (including ourselves) have downloaded and unpacked that
distribution without problems.

Is the file the right size and does it have the correct checksum?  Here's what
they should be:

    $ ls -l ldm-6.4.5.tar.Z
    -rw-r--r-- 1 steve ustaff 982699 Mar  3 11:25 ldm-6.4.5.tar.Z
    $ cksum ldm-6.4.5.tar.Z
    186269662       982699  ldm-6.4.5.tar.Z

If the size or checksum differ, then the file might have been corrupted during
the download.  If both the size and checksum are OK, then what happens if you
execute the following unpacking command?

    tar xvzf ldm-6.4.5.tar.Z

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: YPD-542896