[LDM #WZE-968259]: What is the status of: changes to LDM support (fwd)

Gilbert,

> See below. I go to the web site now, and it says it is no longer working.

> Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:04:08 -0700
> From: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: changes to LDM support
>
> Dear "ldm-users" member,

Yeah.  Putting the LDM under GForge was a great idea at the time.
Unfortunately,
PHP (which runs GForge) has security problems and the GForge installation
itself takes a bit too much time and effort to maintain -- time that could
better
be spent on improving the LDM and creating the next generation.

The UPC webmaster, Jennifer Oxelson,  is looking into a successor for GForge
and I'm trying to convince UCAR, in general, that some sort of collaborative
software development system for the entire organization would be a good idea.

Everything's a compromise (sigh).

In the meantme, use the UPC webpages.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson