[LDM #AET-785898]: primary/alternate

Karen,

> I just want to clarify this... I have multiple upstream boxes, all
> sending the same type of data to a single downstream box which is
> archiving the products.  However each of them is sending a different
> subset of the data... ie. the products are all distinct on the upstream
> boxes.

Hmm...  Would you please send me the relevant REQUEST entries in the
downstream LDM's configuration-file.

> Are you saying that there are failed insertions into the product queue
> on the downstream box?  It appears that all of the data is being
> received (at least that is what I'm being told), so I don't think there
> are any failures. Or is it just a matter of which upstream box had the
> most successful insertions, regardless of whether there are any failures
> ---- Aaahhh,  :-D   I think this is what you are saying.

I think you got it.  Because the product-queue will not allow a duplicate
product to be inserted, a downstream LDM can determine its success
rate at inserting products into the queue.

> Is only one of the upstream boxes the PRIMARY at a time?

Generally speaking, yes.  But because the downstream LDM-s are completely
independent of one another, it is possible to have multiple PRIMARY
feeds for a short period of time.  One can also have all  feeds in
ALTERNATE mode.  Such situations are unstable, however, and will
quickly resolve themselves.

> Good to talk to you, but from experience in support, I know that it's
> usually a GOOD thing when you DON'T hear from people 8-)

Amen!  :-)

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: AET-785898