[LDM #UGB-524529]: No LDM server running?

Andrew,

> OK, I have changed all the local0's to local3, but still nothing.  I am under
> the assumption that I have LDM configured to correctly connect to our upstream
> server.  Even if, for some reason, there is an error in connection to the
> upstream host, it should still be logging, correct?

When the LDM starts-up, one of the first things it does is to log a message,
so if the log file is empty, then something is very wrong.

Execute the command "/bin/hupsyslog" as the LDM user in that user's home
directory.  This will ensure that the syslog(8) daemon is using the latest
information in its configuration-file, etc/syslog.conf.

Then, execute the command "logger -p local0.info this is a test".  The string
"this is a test" should appear in the LDM log file.  Let me know.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: UGB-524529
Department: Support LDM