[LDM #UGB-524529]: No LDM server running?

Hi Andy,

re:
> It seems not all of the data we get is corrupt, only some of it.

Interesting...

> I'm
> not sure what MADIS data is.  We are getting CASA radar data.

OK.  I just wanted to understand where the data was coming from.

> The
> typical size of the gzipped netCDF file is anywhere between 8 and 11
> MB.  I'm not sure of the rate of receipt, but at it's fastest, it seems
> we can get a 10 MB file in about 7 or 8 seconds, so about 1.25 MB/s.
> (just a round guess, don't quote me on that).

I was trying to get a handle on how long a received netCDF file would reside
in the LDM queue.

> My pq is 240 MB, with 25
> slots, I suppose I should increase the number of slots though.

This seems to be a bit small (the default queue size is 400MB).

> And yes,
> we file the files before decompression.

What are you using to decompress the file?  This may seem like a strange
question, but I have recent experience with gunzip + tar on Sun Solaris not
correctly uncompressing gzip-compressed tar files created on a Linux system.
The problem went away when we began using GNU's 'gtar xvzf' on the file.
This may or may not have anything to do with your problem, but it is at
least something to think about.

> We have not yet set up a script
> or anything for decompression, we are just doing individual files right
> now manually.

OK.

> I realize you are probably busy, but if you have time, I
> have included a link WITH READ AND WRITE PERMISSIONS that has the 'same'
> copy of two scans, one was received via LDM and is still gzipped labeled
> 'BAD', the other we got via FTP and is gunzipped labeled 'GOOD'
>
> https://udrive2.oit.umass.edu/xythoswfs/webui/_xy-501551_1-t_vulnqO4r

I grabbed both files a few minutes ago and have verified that I get a
CRC error while ungzipping the file on both Sun Solaris SPARC 5.6 and
Fedora Core 5 Linux 64-bit.

At this moment, I suspect the gzip routine being used by the site
injecting the data, but I feel like I need more information to be sure.

Would it be possible to get an LDM allow for this data so we could ingest
it here at the UPC?  This would enable us to determine if there is a
problem with the original file or something on your machine.  Thanks in
advance..

Ticket ID: UGB-524529
Department: Support LDM