[LDM #UGB-524529]: No LDM server running?

Hi Andy,

re:
> I would be happy to give you an allow.  Just let me know what I need to do!

I actually would like an allow from your LDM machine AND another from the
machine that is sending you the netCDF files.  With both allows, we will
be able to tell if the corrupt products are being created at the injection
source or in the FILE process on your machine.

To provide us an allow, you need to add the following lines to your
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file:

# Give permission to the Unidata Program Center
ALLOW   ANY     ^[a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$        .*

We also need the name of your LDM machine, and we need the name of
the machine that you are receiving the netCDF files from, and we
need the administrator of that machine to add an allow for us.

After modifying the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file, you need to stop and
restart the LDM for the change(s) to take effect:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin start

NB: after restarting, please make sure that your LDM is actually
running.  A typo in the ldmd.conf file will result in the LDM
not running, but no error message will be written to your screen.
Instead, there will be an error message that contains an indication
of where the typo might be in the LDM log file, ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log.

Ticket ID: UGB-524529
Department: Support LDM