[LDM #OIP-403713]: LDM in linux

Hi Pat,

re:
> We are in the process of starting a Linux cluster in parallel with
> our existing Sun architecture.  I have downloaded, compiled, and installed
> the LDM.  As a test, I pointed the machine toward our existing LDM site,
> bergeron.rnet.missouri.edu, in order to draw data.  This has not worked.
> I have been through the set up instructions twice, and cannot find where
> I may have screwed up.

It is most likely that the allow(s) on bergeron.rnet.missouri.edu are
not set to permit the data request(s) from your new machine, or there
is not both forward and reverse DNS for the new machine.

> The machine is   obukhov.rnet.missouri.edu
> a Dell Precision 470 running dual Xeon processors and Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-53.
>
> How should I proceed?

Review the log entries in ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log on bergeron.rnet.missouri.edu
to see why the request(s) from obukhov.rnet.missouri.edu are being denied.

Again, the most likely causes are:

- lack of appropriate allow on bergeron.rnet.missouri.edu
- lack of forward *and* reverse DNS for obukhov.rnet.missouri.edu

> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: OIP-403713
Department: Support LDM