[LDM #UGB-524529]: No LDM server running?

Hi Andy,

re:
> I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

No worries.

> What was happening was
> that about 1/2 the data received via LDM was corrupt.  Interestingly
> enough, when we got the same data via FTP, it came fine.

OK.  I was under the impression that the netCDF files you were getting
by FTP were not compressed.

> I also noticed
> that the checksum value was being changed in the corrupted files.  I
> decided to try and build LDM on another machine and see if that would
> work, and it did.  I re-built it on a Fedora Core 1 machine, and it
> works fine.

Very interesting.  Did you run the ingest on both FC1 and FC3 in parallel
to see if the files ingested and then FILEd on FC3 stayed bad while the
same ones on your FC1 machine were good?  Just curious...

> I only have about two weeks of work left here, so I am
> afraid I will not be looking into why LDM was not working on the Fedora
> Core 3 machine any more.

OK.  I totally understand.

> Please let me know if there's anything else
> you would like to know, either about our setup or the machine that was
> not functioning properly.

If you're happy, so are we :-)

> Thank you again for all your help.

No worries.