[LDM #USC-745284]: syslogd: /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log Operation not permitted

Giovanni,

> The file attached (log.txt) is the output of the following command:
>
> sh -x /etc/init.d/syslog start >& log.txt
>

> But the error message  "Operation not permitted" is printed in the terminal.
> I looked at the error messages in the terminal and it comes out after the
> folloing line:
>
> startproc -p /var/run/syslog.pid /sbin/syslog

I don't know what startproc(1) does.  From this command and the error-
message, however, I think that the syslog(8) daemon is saying that
it doesn't have permission to write to file /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log.
This is odd because the syslog(8) daemon should be executed as root
and should be able to write to any file if you're not running SELINUX.

What are the file permissions for /usr/local/ldm/logs/ldmd.log?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: USC-745284
Department: Support LDM