[LDM #PNL-985883]: Trouble receiving WSI push data with LDM 6.4.5

Art,

> I contacted WSI.  They said they're getting segmentation faults/core dumps
> but don't know yet what the cause is.  Their expert guy is out today, so
> it may be tomorrow until it's figured out.  I told them to contact Unidata
> directly if they have questions about how their software is playing with
> the current LDM.

Interesting!  LDM 6 should be backward-compatible with LDM 5 protocols --
but the latest version has problems getting ACCEPT data-products
from WSI.  The problem could lie with the latest version, or it could
lie with WSI.

You say it does, eventually, receive the data-products, only they're
significantly delayed.  Intriguing.

STOP THE PRESSES!  I just noticed this entry in the LDM change-log file:

    Moved initialization of autoshift module to accomodate incoming
    HIYA connections that start sending data-products regardless of
    a RECLASS reply.  This solves a problem receiving data from WSI.

Would you mind installing beta-version 6.4.6.4?  This should solve your
problem.  It's available at

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/ldm/beta/ldm-6.4.6.4.tar.Z

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: PNL-985883
Department: Support LDM