[SCOOP #ZJL-127049]: rtstats -v isn't behaving as expected

Gerry,

Rtstats behaves just like pqact with the -v flag. Using that flag will
log each product looked at into the local ldmd.log file. It tells you
about each product in the queue that is being used to generate the stats
message that is sent.
It does not make the program report more frequently. It will add significantly
to your local log file!

To make the program report more frequently, you would want to change the
value of "DEFAULT_INTERVAL" in ~ldm/src/rtstats/binstats.c which
currently is "60" seconds. Originally I used 30 seconds with rtstats
when fewer sites were reporting, but for the past 3 years, it has been
configured for 60 seconds.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

> Gerry,
>
> > In some of our testing we've turned on 'rtstats -v -f EXP -h
> > sasquatch.tamu.edu' to see if it gives us more granularity in individual
> > products for determining individual latencies.  Problem is, it doesn't
> > appear to be giving us anything different from 'rtstats -f EXP -h
> > sasquatch.tamu.edu' does.  The machine we're config'ing this on is
> > dc-ldm2, and the receiving machine is sasquatch.
>
> I not sure what your need is, but the rtstats(1) utility reports
> statistics and not individual latencies.
>
> To see individual latencies, you can execute the command
> "ldmadmin watch -f EXP" and compare the timestamp on the
> log messages with the creation-times of the products.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: ZJL-127049
Department: Support IDD SCOOP