[LDM #QZB-268438]: LDM crashing, leaving core files

Gilbert,

> I am having a problem with the LDM on weather2.admin.niu.edu. I can only get
> it
> to leave one LDM log (IE, ldmadmin newlog results in the erasing of the
> ldmd.log file, no ldmd.log.1 is created/moved, even though in
> ldmadmin-pl.conf,
> it specifies four),

That's bizarre!  I've never heard of that happening.  Check the permissions on
the
log file and directory.  If you could track it down, I'd be very grateful (I
can't
do it here because the command behaves correctly).

> and so the crashes I am seeing got my log file erased in
> the process. That said, it did leave a core file behind, and I am
> wondering if you could check it out. I have it as an 18 mb attachment; if
> it doesn't come through, I'll temporarily save it as a core file at:
>
> http://weather.niu.edu/core.txt

I might be able to look at it.  What's the output of the command "uname -a"
on that system?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: QZB-268438