[LDM #PFX-311376]: LDM - Difficulties re: initial startup; delqueue, mkqueue missing

Hi Mike,

re:
> The REQUEST lines originated from FSL's suggested form. Bandwidth is
> not an issue generally: I have DSL with 7.5 MB/s down.

Given your bandwidth, I strongly recommend that you combine your
ldmd.conf 'request' lines into a smaller set.  The main reason for
this is that more request lines result in more processes running
on your machine AND on the upstream host (one for each separate
'request').  Combining the 'request's will lessen the load on the
FSL (NOAA/GSD) machine and so help keep things running smoothly.

Here is my recommendation for replacement 'request' lines:

REQUEST FSL2 "^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.RSAS" eldm.fsl.noaa.gov
REQUEST FSL2 "^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.MADIS\.(metar|sao|snow|raob|radiometer)"
eldm.fsl.noaa.gov
REQUEST FSL2 "^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.MADIS\.(HDW|HDW1h)" eldm.fsl.noaa.gov
REQUEST FSL2 "^FSL\.CompressedNetCDF\.MADIS\.(mesonet2|hydro2)"
eldm.fsl.noaa.gov

> Being a bandwidth hog, however, isn't a good thing either.

The number of request lines will not change the aggregate bandwidth used to
transfer the data since the set of data requested does not change.  It will,
however, decrease the number of processes running on your AND FSL's machines.

re:
> Yep. Once again, all better now. As I suspected, after removing 6.4.6
> (I won't remove previous versions like THAT anymore, believe me),

We always recommend that one keeps two versions of the LDM on one's machine:
the current release and one previous.  With this kind of a setup, you can
easily go back to a previous version by simply stopping the LDM; changing
the runtime link; and then restarting.

re:
> Thanks again. Everything's running just fine now.

I'm glad to hear that everythign is running fine.

Ticket ID: PFX-311376
Department: Support LDM