[Support #KGJ-163844]: Request for upstream LDM

Evan,

> I went through the installation and configuration for the LDM here at my lab
> at CSU.  I contacted my upstream host and got the proper permission.
> Unfortunately, things don't seem to be working.  Here is what is going on.
>
> I type "ldmadmin start" from the ldm user's home directory and the following
> appears:
>
> The product-queue is OK.
> /home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf is syntactically correct
> Starting the LDM server...
>
> Then I type "ldmadmin watch" and the following appears:
>
> May 31 02:32:41 UTC c109-10.engr.colostate.edu : There is no LDM server
> running
>
> Then I type "ldmadmin stop" and the following appears:
>
> Flushing the LDM product-queue to disk...
> Stopping the LDM server...
> kill 21271: No such process
> find: .*.info: No such file or directory
>
> The logfile is empty.  The computer I am running the LDM on is
> c109-10.engr.colostate.edu.

Logging must work; otherwise, you won't be able to diagnose
problems.

Did you edit the file "/etc/syslog.conf"?

Is the "syslogd" daemon running?

Are the LDM programs "bin/hupsyslog" and "bin/rpc.ldmd" setuid
and owned by "root"?

Does the LDM log file "logs/ldmd.log" exist and is it writable?

Does the command "logger -p local0.debug" "LDM test" put a
message into the LDM log file?

If the operating system is Linux, does the file
"/etc/selinux/config" exist?  If it exists, is the
variable SELINUX set to "disabled"?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: KGJ-163844