[LDM #TKB-237627]: Installing ldm6.6.5 on new machine

Jennie,

> Thanks you so much for your help.  It will take me a while to set-up the
> pqact, etc.  But since no data is logging right now, this is okay, right?

Your LDM isn't running right now, so you have all the time in the
world.

You'll have to reboot your computer before starting the LDM so
that it can write messages to its log file.

> I didn't look ,but I am assuming you gave me an upstream host?

I tested your LDM by receiving everything from both
idd.unidata.ucar.edu and idd.cise-nsf.gov.  Those REQUEST
entries are still enabled in the LDM configuration-file,
etc/ldmd.conf.  You probably don't want everything.  In
any case, the size of the product-queue still needs to be
configured for the data that you will receive.  I can
help you with that once you know what you want to receive.

> I will definately let you know if/when I have questions.  I am really
> excited about getting everything up to date here, but I guess it will take
> me a while to have it all running (eg., McIDAS, Gempak and the IDV).

Let's hear it for grad students.  :-)

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: TKB-237627