[Support #OQT-682260]: conan.unidata.ucar.edu ?

Hi Chris,

re:
> Why is our aircraft making contact with this computer, and how do I
> disable this?  Trying to reduce "phone home" traffic.

Presumably, you are running the LDM onboard.  If this is the case, then
your ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf configuration file is likely to have an entry
that reports real time stats back to the machine rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu.
rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu is an another name for conan.unidata.ucar.edu.
To stop sending in real time stats, simply comment out the line:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

in ldmd.conf and then stop and restart your LDM.

If you are running some other Unidata package, we will need to know what
that package is to be able to advise how to stop the contact.

> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: OQT-682260
Department: Support