[Support #TXN-293177]: LDM 6.6.5: make failure on Intel Mac (OS X 10.5)

Dave,

> Never mind most of my last email (dated an hour or so ago?). My wristwatch
> failed to account for Feb. 29, so I thought today was March 4, which made
> it appear that we hadn't gotten any data since yesterday late afternoon.
> In fact we've been getting data just fine.
>
> I still need to know what arguments to give to "dtrace" if I happen to be
> the one to run it, though.

Never mind "dtrace".  I rebuilt the LDM with debugging support, installed
it, and restarted the LDM with the "ulimit" corefile size set to unlimited.
When next the downstream LDM process hangs, the first one to see it should
send it a QUIT signal.  This will cause it to terminate and dump core.  It
will also cause the LDM system to terminate.

A stack trace of the corefile will then tell us where the downstream LDM
process is hanging.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: TXN-293177