[Support #TXN-293177]: LDM 6.6.5: make failure on Intel Mac (OS X 10.5)

Hi Dave,

Quick comments from me:

- sorry about not appreciating that the new location of the LDM queue is
  on a file system that is not NFS exported

- the reason Steve asked you to move the queue was we saw that rpc.ldmd
  process "hangs" were being caused by a wait on a system call (fcntl)
  that asks for a lock on a region of the LDM queue (one needs to lock
  the region of the queue that a new product will be written to before
  doing the write).

  Our grasping at straws comment was our hopes that the waiting for
  the system to grant the lock was somehow related to the partition
  being NFS exported.  Since you experienced the problem yesterday
  afternoon after the queue was moved, it is not likely that the
  NFS export was the cause of the problem.  Unless Steve has new ideas,
  we are down to there being a bug in the operating system -- not a
  good situation at all!

Ticket ID: TXN-293177
Department: Support LDM