[LDM #KCB-737668]: 2 ldm server instances restart problem

Mark,

> I've had to install a second instance of LDM on one of my existing LDM
> servers.  The new server (ldm2) is in it's own home directory, username,
> UID, etc it is just running on port 387 instead of 388.  There is and
> has been no overlap between this server instance and the existing one.
>
> Up until today I was able to restart the second instance until today.
> Now, when I try to restart it I get this error:
>
> [ldm2@NWS-LDM2 ldm2]$ bin/ldmadmin start
> isRunning: pid = -1
> isRunning: ip_addr =
> Mar 12 16:06:36 UTC nws-ldm2.hpcc.ercbroadband.org : start_ldm: There is
> another server running, start aborted
>
> For whatever reason I was unable to stop this server cleanly before I
> tried to restart it.  From that moment on, it's totally unusable.  Any
> ideas on what to do to fix this?

When you executed the "configure" script for the "ldm2" user, did you
use the option "--enable-port=port"?

It could take a while to diagnose the problem.  The quickest way
would be for us to log onto the system in question as the "ldm2"
user.  May we do this?

Otherwise, would you please send me the files "configure.log",
"config.log", and "make.log" from the "ldm2" build process as
well as that user's "src/config/ldmconfig.h" and "src/misc/paths.h"
files.

> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>
> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband
> (828) 350-2415
>
> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: KCB-737668
Department: Support LDM