[LDM #KCB-737668]: 2 ldm server instances restart problem

Mark,

> Yep.  I tried that.  Everything I tried with ldmadmin kept telling me
> 'LDM server running'.  I couldn't do anything with it.
>
> Keep in mind the isRunning() in ldmadmin was hacked by Lou and I to get
> the server running again, so any ldmadmin command will probably work now.

Was a new version of "perl" recently installed?  If so, then this
might account for the new behavior of the isRunning() function in
the "ldmadmin" script.

I modified the isRunning() function in the "ldmadmin" script based on
your observations.  I would be very interested in its behavior on your
system.  The new function is attached.  Would you be willing to try it?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: KCB-737668
Department: Support LDM
sub isRunning {
    my($running) = 0;
    my($pid) = getPid();

    if ($pid != -1) {
        system("kill -0 $pid > /dev/null 2>&1");
        $running = !$?;
    }

    if (!$running) {
        my($cmd_line) = "ldmping -l- -i 0";