[LDM #MYZ-438298]: Need info on data type from rtstats or ldmadmin

Hi Gini,

re:
> NWS TOC needs to get some information about the Data Type of RadarII
> Site (V01 or V03 see below eg from ldmadmin watch). We have been
> processing rtstats to get information about the RadarII Sites. The new
> format Build10  data type is not available in the output of rtstats. We
> discovered that it is in the output of ldmadmin watch tho. But to use
> ldmadmin to spot sample the data type of the radar we need to run it
> unattended in the background (see developers notes below) but that
> doesnt work.  Can you please advise?

ldmadmin is a Perl script wrapper that provides interfaces to a variety
of LDM utilities.  'ldmadmin watch', in particular, is an interface to
the LDM 'pqutil' utility.  You could run 'pqutil' directly to get the
log information you desire, or, and perhaps more simply, you could use
the LDM utility 'notifyme'.  The nice thing about 'notifyme' is that
it can not only monitor the receipt of products into the LDM queue on
the local machine (doing much the same thing as 'ldmadmin watch'), it
can also monitor the receipt of data on upstream machines which have
allowed the local machine to request data (~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf 'allow'
entries).

For instance, you/your developer may want to try:

<as 'ldm'>
notifyme -vxl- -f NEXRAD2 -p <regular expression for product ID desired>

The value for the '-p' flag is a regular expression that matches the
product ID for the Nexrad(s) that you want to monitor.

Please give 'notifyme' a try and see if it does not provide the capability
you are looking for.

The other thing you can do is create a ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf pattern-action entry
that does something upon receipt of products whose IDs match a regular
expression.
Please remember that if you want to execute the pattern-action entry, you must
be running pqact from an 'exec' entry in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf.  Please let me
know if you have specific questions on how to do this.

> Thanks

No worries.

Ticket ID: MYZ-438298
Department: Support LDM