[LDM #FBB-216320]: Configure LDM to run under SELinux.

Glenn,

> Do you have a procedure to run LDM under SELinux?  I'm using Fedora 8
> and LDM 6.6.5 and I've observed the following problem on my system:
>
> When "rpc.ldmd" is configured to be owned by root and suid, the user ldm
> can not use "ldmadmin stop".  The kill step produces an error
> "permission denied" and enters a loop "Waiting for ..." even though ldm
> is running the process "rpc.ldmd".
>
> If you have a SELinux configuration, you should post it on your web
> page.

I'm sorry, but we don't have a solution for running the LDM under
SELinux.  We do have a workaround, however, and that is to disable
SELinux.  Edit the file "etc/selinux/config" and set the variable
SELINUX to "disabled".

SELinux is a "big hammer" government security subsystem and is more than our
constituents (i.e, universities) need.  It also makes the operating
system non-conforming.  We're a small shop and -- given our priorities
-- don't have the resources to chase down and accommodate the all the
idiosyncracies of non-conforming systems (although we try our best given
our resources).

If you have a solution for running the LDM under SELinux, we would
very much appreciate hearing from you.

> Glenn Zickert

Regards,
Steve Emmerson