[LDM #OVK-233439]: Now that I've worked with LDM 6.7.0.1 for a week...

Hi Gilbert,

Success!

OK, here's the skivvy:

We commented out the starting of the LDM out of /etc/rc.local on weather2.  We
replaced this with a startup/shutdown script in /etc/init.d, ldmd.  We
configured
this script by modifying definitions for LDMHOME and PQ:

LDMHOME=/home/ldm
PQ=/dev/shm/ldm.pq

We setup /etc/init.d/ldmd to be run at boot time as follows:

<as 'root'>
chmod 755 /etc/init.d/ldmd
chkconfig --add ldmd

A line near the top of /etc/init.d/ldmd specifies the run levels the
LDM should start in:

#!/bin/sh

# chkconfig: 345 95 05

This also specifies the run levels the LDM should be stopped in: 0, 1, 2, 6.

We tested whether the LDM started using the /etc/init.d/ldmd script as 'root':

<as 'root'>
/etc/init.d/ldmd start

could be stopped by 'ldm'; it could.

Just so you know, the situation that Steve alluded to on my Fedora 8 64-bit
system
is different from what you have been experiencing.

Starting the LDM using a startup/shutdown script like 'ldmd' is our _strongly_
recommended way of configuring automatic startup of the LDM at boot.  We
suggest that you change the setup on weather and weather3 to match the mods
we made on weather2.

Ticket ID: OVK-233439
Department: Support LDM