[GEMPAK #QYV-528693]: Trying to decode GEM feed

Hi Samuel,

re:
> Do I have to have a pqact entry for GEM data if I only want to relay
> it thru LDM to another machine?

Nope.  The design of the LDM is such that it can be:

- source of data
- data relay
- data receiver
- any combination of the above

The toplevel IDD relay node that we operate, idd.unidata.ucar.edu, has
no invocations of pqact running on any of the cluster nodes that provide
data relay service.

> We're pretty strapped for space/disk I/O on SHU.

Understood.

By the way, this is really an LDM question, so it would have been better
to send as an inquiry to address@hidden.

Ticket ID: QYV-528693
Department: Support GEMPAK