[Support #DII-686114]: Re: LDM & Mac OS X Leopard

Mark,

> OK, built and running on my mac. I am only using one pattern to bring
> in data, not a full pqact.
>
> About how long before you folks get your first hung process?

It usually happens within a day.  Recently, however, it didn't happen
on our Leopard system for more than a day.  I changed the REQUEST
entries, consequently, to have two requests for IDS|DDPLUS data from
the same upstream site (idd.unidata.ucar.edu) and that seemed to do
the trick.

One problem with this approach is that, to get the hung process
started again, you have to attach to it with "gdb" as "root" rather
than as the LDM user (because the program is owned by root and setuid),
e.g.,

    $ su
    $ gdb bin/rpc.ldmd 15766
    quit