[LDM #DSW-144649]: LDM 6.7.0.3 performance improvement with dcgrib2---just wondering

Tom & Gilbert,

> Hmm...  It seems that the effect may for anything started by an EXEC
> in ldmd.conf (i.e., queue scanners), and this includes rtstats.

The only thing I've been able to think of is that, since dcgrib2(1)
(which is a CPU hog) is no longer being interrupted by SIGCONTs, it
continues on its merry way until the O/S decides to give some CPU
time to another process (such as rtstats(1)).  The result is much
better performance of dcgrib2(1) at the (very slight) expense of
processes like rtstats(1).

Or, it could be a brain tumor!  :-)

Regards,
Steve Emmerson