[LDM #ZMC-587082]: LDM running but no data stored

Colin,

> Full Name: Colin J. McAdie
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: ldm-6.6.5
> Operating System: Redhat Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: The LDM process I am running had been working
> correctly for some time.  However, I attempted to change the destination of
> the product files in pqact.conf.  When I start the process now, the data
> appears to be coming in (i.e. ldmadmin watch looks OK) but the destination
> directory is empty.  I copied a backup version of pqact.conf that I know
> worked, but that also strangely now has the same result. Yet another backup
> file also passes the pqactcheck test for syntax, but still no dice.   I have
> searched through all of the existing support emails to try to find a similar
> case.  Some are close to describing this, and I have tried a number of things
> to no avail.  I have checked the usual problems of spaces instead of tabs,
> etc. but all of the obvious things seem OK.  The data seems to going into
> oblivion.  Any suggestions appreciated.

First, verify that you're receiving the data that you want
to process.  Use the command "pqcat -vl- -f ... -p ... >/dev/null"
to list data-products from the product-queue that match
your "pqact.conf" entries.  For example:

pqcat -vl- -f NEXRD2 -p '^L2-BZIP2/(KTLH)' >/dev/null

and

pqcat -vl- -f NEXRD2 -p
'^L2-([^/]*)/(KMOB)/([0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-1][0-9][0-3][0-9][0-2][0-9][0-5][0-9][0-9][0-9])'
 >/dev/null

Verify from the listing that such data-products were received
*after* you made the changes to the pqact(1) configuration-file.

> Thanks,
> Colin

Regards,
Steve Emmerson