[LDM #ZMC-587082]: LDM running but no data stored

Colin,

> In this regard, I am looking at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-6.7.0/basics/preinstallation.html
> and I find the following:
>
> If the operating system is Linux and the file |*/etc/selinux/config*|
> exists and contains the variable |*SELINUX*|, then that variable must be
> set to |*disabled*| in order to allow the |syslog(8)| daemon to write
> log messages to the LDM logfile.

> release 4.  In fact, /etc/selinux/config does contain the variable
> 'selinux' and it is set to enforcing, but I am not sure about the
> advisability of changing the setting.  I will have to check the office
> policy and see if I can do this temporarily - I might have to run
> without the log file as a diagnostic.

Running the LDM without logging would be very far from optimal.

For what it's worth, NWS's NCEP, NTSG, Radar Operations Center,
Regional Headquarters, and WFO's all run LDMs with logging.

I hope you're allowed to use it.

> Colin

Regards,
Steve Emmerson