[LDM #OGW-773612]: LDM is not logging

Evan,

> I am running an LDM using Ubuntu in a VMware virtual machine.

Cool!

> Everything works
> perfectly except that the LDM logs are not being generated. I run the
> following commads:
>
> bin/hupsyslog
> logger -p local0.debug "test of LDM logging using logger"
> ls -l logs/ldmd.log
>
> The file "ldmd.log" is empty. I see files coming is using "ldmadmin watch" and
> am able to write incoming files to disk, but I'd also like to get the logging
> working. Can you help?

Logging is essential for monitoring an LDM system.  We'll have to
get it working.

As the LDM user, what is the output of the following commands:

    ps -ef | grep syslog
    ls -l $HOME/bin/hupsyslog
    grep LOG_LDM $HOME/include/ldmconfig.h
    echo $ULOG_FACILITY_OVERRIDE
    ls -l /etc/*syslog.conf
    grep local /etc/*syslog.conf
    test -f /etc/selinux/config && grep ^SELINUX= /etc/selinux/config
    mount

As an exercise, see if you can figure-out what I'm trying to determine
from the above.  :-)

> Many thanks,
> Evan

Regards,