[LDM #QJC-401426]: LDM install on redhat

Ernest,

> I have followed all of the ldm install and configuration procedures and
> everything seems ok. I am at a loss however, as exactly where to install
> the "LDM start script" (my UNIX is not so good anymore) I am working on
> a clean red hat enterprise linux 5 box. Any chance you could point me as
> to where to install the script.

By "LDM start script" do you mean the script to be run when the
computer reboots in order to start the LDM?  If so, then the boot-time
script in question should go in the /etc/init.d directory
(assuming it exists).  I believe the script can then be added via the
chkconfig(8) utility:

    sudo chkconfig ldm

where "ldm" refers to the file /etc/init.d/ldm.

Note that the template script must be modified to work with chkconfig(8).

> Thanks
> Ernest Sessa

Regards,
Steve Emmerson