[LDM #CNQ-422016]: Having trouble with installation/make

Hi John,

re:

> Somewhere along the make process, I'm having trouble. I know
> something is off because the install_setupids file is never
> created, so I can't start that up (as root, make install_setupids).

A couple of comments and then a question:

- the final step in the installation of the LDM is:

  <as 'root' or 'sudo su' as 'ldm'>
  cd ~ldm/ldm-6.7.0/src
  make install_setuids              <- not install_setupids

- the install.log file you sent does not have all of the output that
  I expect from an installation

- can you redo your LDM installation from scratch:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.7.0/src
make distclean

./configure > config.log 2>&1
make > make.log 2>&1
make install > install.log 2>&1
sudo make install_setuids >> install.log 2>&1

> Otherwise, everything else seems to have installed correctly.
> (I haven't had a chance to test the actual binaries yet).

Next questions:

- did you create the runtime link setup that we recommend:

<as 'ldm' after the final install step above>
cd ~ldm
ln -s ldm-6.7.0 runtime
ln -s runtime/* .

- did you setup syslogd logging and verify that it works:

<as 'root'>

-- edit /etc/syslog.conf and add LDM-specific entries
-- edit /etc/services and add LDM-specific entries (or verify that they
   are already there
-- edit /etc/rpc and add the LDM-specific entry

<as 'ldm'>
touch ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log         <- to create the ldmd.log file with 'ldm'
                                    as owner
logger -p local0.debug 'test of LDM logging'

You will know that logging is working properly if the ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log
file exists and contains the test output from above:'test of LDM logging'.

Ticket ID: CNQ-422016
Department: Support LDM