[LDM #CNQ-422016]: Having trouble with installation/make

John,

> Thanks for the quick reply. Due to some other issues, we were forced to
> change gears and swap out to an Ubuntu machine. I had more success with the
> compile. I've included the install.log in the hopes that you can confirm this.

The "make install" appears to have been successful.

Did the "make install_setuids" go OK?

> Second: I haven't been able to get the logger to work.
>
> touch ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log         (works)
> logger -p local0.debug 'test of LDM logging' (does not work)

Would you please send the output from the following commands, executed by the
LDM user:

ps -ef | grep syslog
echo $HOME
ls -l $HOME/bin/hupsyslog
mount

> I've included my syslog.conf. Can you take a quick look at it? I'm not sure I
> set it up correctly.

You should add "local0.none" to the entry for "/var/log/syslog".

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: CNQ-422016
Department: Support LDM