[Support #VOC-356419]: latency

Michael,

> I've attached a Word document with a latency graph that concerns me.  I
> wonder if you can offer some advice about what I'm seeing.  I've also
> included the URL of the graph.  This is the latency for EXP data on our
> LDM-11.  Most of the activity is normal but there is one line that stands
> out for its wild peaks.  The collective peak around 16/13 is due to
> rebooting the server and restarting LDM.  Everything else though looks
> normal except for that one line.  Any advice you can offer would be
> appreciated.

I looked at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?EXP+ldm.crh.noaa.gov>
it was a little hard to see, but it looked like the data was coming from
"sdstate".  So I looked at the EXP latency at
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?EXP+unidata.sdstate.edu>
 and, sure enough, your errant graph is there.  The data appears to be coming
from host "wnnh002", which doesn't appear to be reporting statistics.

To see what the products are, I suggest running a pqcat(1) with printing of the
originating host for data-products of type EXP and piping the standard error to
a grep(1) for "wnnh002".  For example, in a standard shell (e.g., sh(1),
bash(1)) you would do this

    pqcat -vl- -f NEXRAD2 -O 3>&1 >/dev/null 2>&3 | grep wnnh002

> Thanks,
>
> Michael
>

> address@hidden
> National Weather Service