[LDM #NGQ-500529]: ldm questions

Hi Paul,

As a follow-up to the following comment made by Steve Emmerson:

> [Regarding the growing of the product-queue file:]
> > Maybe most are not pushing large file sizes like we are?
>
> We transmit files up to 50 megabytes in size.

Actually, as part of the extensive testing we did in support of
TIGGE, we were sending LOTS (about 20 GB/hr) of 10, 20, 40, 60
and 100 MB products between ECMWF and NCAR.  Presumably, the
"large" files you are talking about are smaller than these
(please let us know if the are not).

re: growing queue
> Wouldn't want to just throw easy ones at you.

Thanks :-(

In cases as strange as yours, we typically request and are
granted login access to the machine(s) that are showing
problems.  This has been done with U.S. government agencies,
private companies, and universities.  If there is _any_ way
that we could get onto your ldad machine, it would make
troubleshooting _much_ easier/possible.  If this is not possible,
perhaps talking to someone on the phone while s/he performs
the steps we recommend would be possible.  Other than that, you
could fly one of us down to JSC for a site visit :-)

Ticket ID: NGQ-500529
Department: Support LDM