[LDM #DHD-802401]: Two Questions: LDM on Mac OSX 10.5.x and sample/example pqact.conf

Hi Matthew,

re:
> I have one related question - does ldm-mcidas build on Mac OSX ?

It should.  In fact, I created a binary distribution for MacOS-X and
put it out on our anonymous FTP server:

machine:   ftp.unidata.ucar.edu

Intel Mac:
directory: pub/binary/darwin_9.6-i386
file:      ldm-mcidas-2008.tar.gz

PowerPC Mac:
directory pub/binary/darwin_8.11-power_macintosh
file:      ldm-mcidas-2008.tar.gz

Try downloading and using the binary appropriate to your architecture.

re:
> I've just tried, but it didn't work out... it was o.k on install
> until the make died here:
>
> making `all' in directory /Users/ldm/ldm-mcidas/ldm-mcidas-2008/src/decode
>
> test -r udalloc.c || ln -s ../port/misc/udalloc.c udalloc.c
> c89 -c -O -I/Users/ldm/include -I/Users/mcidas/mcidas2009.1/src
> -I/Users/mcidas/mcidas2009.1/netcdf/libsrc -I../libpng -I../port/misc
> -I../port/cfortran -I../zlib  alarm.c
> In file included from alarm.c:10:
> /Users/ldm/include/ulog.h:96: error: syntax error before 'va_list'
> alarm.c: In function 'alarm_destroy':
> alarm.c:92: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function
> 'memset'
> make[2]: *** [alarm.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [decode/all] Error 1
> + set +x

I haven't run into this one before.  If a binary distribution does not work,
lets revisit this.

re:
> As you can see I had to hand give it the location of include files, lib
> files, etc...and yeah, I used SSEC McIDAS-X for that, not Unidata's, but
> I'm sure  there is more to this than that.

The error listed above does not have any relation to which McIDAS distribution
is used.

re:
> Suggestions welcome.

Try the binary distribution appropriate for your hardware.

Ticket ID: DHD-802401
Department: Support IDD