[GEMPAK #TPI-961663]: Error reading MTSAT McIDAS area files

Hi Kwan-yin,

It has been a long time since we "talked"... How are you doing?

re:
> Over the past few days, I have been attempting to overlaid surface
> synoptic data on top of a McIDAS area file for the Japanese MTSAT
> imagery, such as those available at
> http://satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov/mtsat.html.  However, I got the
> following errors.
>
> In SFMAP, if I set GAREA=dset and PROJ=sat with the correct SATFIL,
> GEMPAK displayed the whole image but reported that the NIPROJ is
> wrong, and no data are plotted.
>
> If I set GAREA using lat-lon pairs, GEMPAK would terminate with an
> invalid GAREA.
>
> What is wrong?  Thanks for your help.

Have you been able to verify that you can correctly display and map
the image(s) you are having problems with in McIDAS?

Ticket ID: TPI-961663
Department: Support GEMPAK