[Support #ZQA-371547]: trouble unpacking

Hi Paul,

re:
> I am using VMware fusion to run a virtual pc on my mac, and it cannot unpack
> the source code for Gempak5 properly.  Can you help?

Questions:

- when you say "run a virutal pc" what exactly do you mean?

  I am concerned that you are running an instance of Windows when you
  need to run an instance of Linux.

- if your virtual machine is Linux, then:

  - what version of Linux (e.g., Fedora 12, OpenSUSE, etc.)

  - what was the command you ran to unpack the source distribution
    that failed, and what specifically was the error message issued
    by that command?
re:
> I also cannot find the binary file download, otherwise I would have tried
> that.

We stopped creating binary installations of GEMPAK about two years ago.
We did this because we found that the majority of the inquiries we were
getting were being caused by the binary build not matching well enough the
operating system it was being run on.  Users now need to install the
necessary development environment on their machines, and build GEMPAK
from source.

Ticket ID: ZQA-371547
Department: Support GEMPAK