[LDM #JIZ-849412]: info request...

Hi Georg,

re:
> perfect thanks for your fast reply. All ok sofar. I just recognized I made a
> little error...
> the partners are currently via ftp upload sending xml files to our server so
> we can produce maps...
> so if the partner want to send xml files in future with LDM to us is there
> any difference in this scenario?

No, not really.  The role of data provider and consumer get reversed, but that
is not
a big deal.

re:
> (I mean if I'm not the client sending to server, but I'm the server getting
> the data from clients?)

This might end up easier for you in the long run since the LDM provides a
facility to
do something with products immediately upon receipt.  The setup on your side
would be:

- create an LDM account on a *nix (Unix/Linux) machine; by convention the user
name
  of this account is 'ldm'

- register with the Unidata website

- download the latest LDM release, v6.8.1, to the HOME directory of 'ldm'

- unpack, build and install the LDM:

cd ~ldm
tar xvzf ldm-6.8.1.tar.gz
cd ldm-6.8.1/src
./configure
make
make install
sudo make install_setuids
cd
ln -s ldm-6.8.1 runtime
ln -s runtime/* .
mkdir util decoders
mkdir data
mkdir data/logs
ln -s data/logs logs
touch logs/ldmd.log

-- adjust your shell-specific configuration file (e.g., .cshrc for Cshell,
.bash_profile for BASH,
   etc.) to include the ~ldm/bin, ~ldm/util and ~ldm/decoders directory in your
PATH

-- setup LDM logging (i.e., configure /etc/syslog.conf as per LDM web pages)

-- send a HUP to the syslogd process:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin hupsyslog

-- test logging:

logger -p local0.debug 'test of LDM logging'

-- examine ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log to see if your test message is included; if it is
not
   you have some problem with logging that needs to be examined/fixed

-- configure your LDM to REQUEST the XML data products from the site you are
   working with

-- configure ~ldm/etc/pqact.conf to process the received XML products

That's it in a nutshell.  Implementation will, of course, take longer than it
did
to read this email :-)

> Many thanks in advance,

No worries.