[LDM #FOR-229341]: Fwd: UTA-files

Milas,

> It's interesting that you mention the time issue.  Our LDM began logging
> 'future
> product received' messages yesterday or the day before, when it appears that a
> system time drift had gotten sufficiently large to exceed a threshold.  It
> looks as
> though our (WGRFC) AWIPS is running about 35 seconds behind the rest of the
> world.  This issue is still hanging.

For correct behavior, the LDM system depends on an accurate system clock (see
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/ldm-current/basics/platform.html>). I
suggest letting your systems administrator know this and running the ntpd(1)
daemon, which is referenced in the previously-given URL.

Do you know if the system clock on Waterdrop is accurate? What about
srh-ls-cpnrs1.srh.noaa.gov?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: FOR-229341