[LDM #RNO-491904]: EXEC not including environment variables ...

Evan,

> I am running LDM by EXECing both pqact and another process named
> edexBridge (which spools incoming data to a pending list so the server
> can keep up with the massive data ingest) which is called via the
> ldmd.conf file. Yet when I look at the ldmd.log, the edexBridge fails to
> run because it can't find a shared library ("no such file or directory")
> even though it exists in the usr/local/ldm/lib directory! So I set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .cshrc file for the LDM account to include the
> aforementioned lib directory and tried again with the same problem.
> Shouldn't LDM EXEC fork a child process and inherit my environment
> variables? I even tried to hack the ldmadmin perl script to set the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH there, but to no avail.
>
> When I run the binary edexBridge from the LDM account's command line,
> it does not generate a missing shared library error.
>
> Sound unusual?

Both the LDM server (rpc.ldmd) and pqact(1) use the execvp() system-function
exclusively to execute programs. This means that the child processes will have
the same environment variables as the parent process. If that's doesn't appear
to be the case, then it's likely that the environment variables aren't being
set correctly for the parent LDM server process. I suggest adding a line like
the following to the LDM configuration-file (etc/ldmd.conf):

    EXEC printEnvironment

where "printEnvironment" is the script

    env runtime-environment.log

in the LDM user's home-directory.