[LDM #RNO-491904]: EXEC not including environment variables ...

Evan,

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> In order to make your suggestion work I must fully qualify the
> printEnvironment script even though I created it in my ldm home directory:
>
> "EXEC printEnvirontment"  returns status 127 (command not found?)
>
> but ..
>
> "EXEC /usr/local/ldm/printEnvironment" works and creates a
> runtime-environment.log file in LDM home, even though I did not specify
> an output folder in printEnvironment, as listed here:
>
> $ cat printEnvironment
>
> env > runtime-environment.log         # notice I did not need to
> qualify as $LDMHOME/runtime-environment.log
>

> (Shouldn't  LDM be able to find the printEnvironment script in the LDM
> home directory without fully qualifying it, especially if it by default
> creates the "runtime-environment.log" file there without fully
> qualifying it?)

The LDM server will find the "printEnvironment" script if and only if the path
"." is in the PATH environment variable. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

> Anyways:
>
> So the "env" command, when run (as user ldm) from the command line, and
> when grepping for characters "LD", returns:
>
> LDMHOME=/usr/local/ldm
> LD_LIBRARY PATH =/usr/local/ldm/lib
>

> But the runtime-environment.log file created by EXEC printEnvironment
> script has following variables defined:
>
> LDMHOME=/usr/local/ldm
> LDMHOSTNAME=ringo.fsl.noaa.gov
> LDMPQFNAME=/usr/local/ldm/data/ldm.pq
>

> ... but does not show the LD_LIBRARY_PATH ...
>
> The point being that the environment variables I had set up in the
> parent process are not making it through to the execvp call into the
> child process.
>
> Does this explain anything further?

How was the LDM server started? Did you start it manually as the LDM user or
from a boot-time script?

> -Evan

Regards,
Steve Emmerson