[LDM #YGA-963195]: Future LDM feature request

Gilbert,

> I got that message last night when the logs wouldn't rotate
> due to some sort of a lockfile problem. Yes, I'm using ldm 6.9.2.
> I thought that was fixed in 6.9.1. Naturally, I deleted the email,
> so I'll wait for it to happen tonight. Doing an "ldmadmin newlog" manually
> (from command line) works, but it has been giving me a lockfile error when
> it does it from
> cron over the last two nights. that's never happened before.

If it works manually, then there's no reason it shouldn't work from cron(8) --
unless the environment is different. The "bash -l" command should source the
LDM user's profile-file (~/.bash_profile). I note that you use csh(1), you
might see about using that in the crontab(1) entry rather than bash(1). I've
never done that, so you'll have to investigate, yourself.

> > You could also redirect the output of "ldmadmin check" to a file and then
> > email that file if the command fails.
>
> That's true. But rather get fancy-schmancy, I'll just keep it simple.
>
> Tried to send this out earlier, then NIU's Internet/Internet2 connections
> went down for about 10 minutes. Back up now.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: YGA-963195
Department: Support LDM